Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

I am 33 weeks pregnant, what do i do to reduce my sugar level ?

33rd week pregnant , what do i do to reduce my sugar level ? I am 31 years old & I am in my 33rd week pregnancy with my first child. My fasting blood sugar was done & it is at 111 & the PPBS with 75 gms of glucose ( 2 hrs) was 166. Is this really bad & what do i do to reduce my sugar level ?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  Anonymous's Response
To screen and to diagnose gestational diabetes, you must do glucose challenge test and oral glucose tolerance test.
Glucose challenge test is done first and if it shows abnormal values, an oral glucose tolerance test is done.

Answered: Tue, 11 Jan 2011
OBGYN Dr. Meenakshi T Sahu's  Response
If this is the first time you are having abnormal sugar profile, consult obstetrician who in collaboration with diabetologist would advise you diet modification to suit your pregnancy requirement. As far as blood sugar levels are concerned according to WHO criteria your fasting sugar is in normal range but your 2hr PP is raised. If your sugar levels were not checked in early part of pregnancy, get your blood test- glycosylated haemoglobin done. After 2 weeks of diet modification repeat blood sugar is done and management accordingly.

Best wishes,
Answered: Thu, 13 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor