Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

I am 19 years old suffering from severe backache and scoliosis. Is the pain because of an extra spinal disk ?

Hi, I suffer from several back issues considering i m only 19...I weigh 140 pounds, and I stand 6 feet tall... it s far beyond a problem in all activities i do. I am missing L4 vertabrae, I also have a mild case of scoliosis , a herniated disk , and lastly, I ve been informed i have an extra spinal disk the doctor could not explain... How can i relieve my pain? I m relatively healthy, but almost all forms of exercise, and just the simple act of waking up are begginning to tear me apart. I have an appointment with a a surgeon , but that s n January 2012
Asked On : Wed, 27 Apr 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your multiple complains mainly related to orthopedic surgeon.
For all problems still more investigations are required to exact diagnosis,you mentioned the causes are all vague.
You have also got hernia for which you have taken appointment.
The exercise you are doing also risky so after the opinion of specialist you carry out the exercises.
Answered: Wed, 27 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Vikas Dwivedi's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic
upto 12 jan u can tk sum sessions of physiotherapy, tht will reduce ur pain and provide sum exercices to strenthen ur back.
better u go n consult a physio in any spine centre near by.
tk cr
Answered: Sat, 30 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
u need to have to consult soem orthopaedics surgeon
u required ti have x ray also
u will be beetter, soon dont worry
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Fatima Farhana's  Response
welcome to health care magic,
you may be suffering from ankylosing spondylitis.
have any problems like restriction of mobility,stiffness,pain and stiffness worsening at morning,one or more family member affected?
consult with a rheumatologist and have a x ray of D/L spine and mRI of back to define the exact site ,nature,extent of lesion,associated nerve compression or any slipage of disc.Symptomatic treatment of pain relief is not desired.Be patient and get the time honoured medical and surgical management
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
wlcome to healthcaremagic
from the description you should immediately be admitted under orthopaedic surgeon's care and can not wait for jan12
talk to your doctor and inform about the emergency .most likely urgent admission will be arranged
stop all forms of exercises
with herniated disc the condition may be complicated any moment
do not delay get admitted and treatment should be initiated at the earliest for best result
Answered: Wed, 27 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor