Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Hydroneprosis in right kidney. Sonography shows it has distended. How to get further treatment?

Hi i am jeweldas. I have some problem with my rt kidny. I always fill pain in right side. In 2009 l was hydroneprosis in my rt kidny. Thenit was treated by fixing a internal pipe in rt kidny. Now when i go to a doctor somedays ago after sowing my ulgra sonography report he told me that hydroneprosis in rt kidny and bladder is optimaly distended. Now can you suggert me where can i continue my treetment free of cost because my financial condidion is very bad. I am from kolkata. So can you halpe me as my god father? I am 25 years old.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

You have had right hydronephrosis in 2009 which was treated by stenting I think. The reason for your hydronephrosis must be investigated.
Hydronephrosis can be caused by stones in kidney or ureter, infection of kidney, any old surgery on kidney and ureter.
This may require further investigation by doing intravenous urography (IVU). After doing IVU the exact block can be studied with the cause.
Further treatment depends on the outcome of IVU. If there is surgical cause, a small operation will relieve the block.

You may please have consultation with a urologist at a Government hospital (SSKM, Kolkata is good).

Hope this helps.
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor