Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Hurting ear after jumping into water. Pain in ear, annoying ear ringing. Which way to treat?

Hi, I jumped into the water yesterday off a little cliff about 15 feet in the air, and when I came up my ears were hurting really bad. Then a couple hours later my ears hurt really bad, excruciating pain for about two hours. The pain subsided and today when I woke up and all day long my ears have had a really annoying ringing. Way to fix this?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  3007
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You need to consult a ENT specialist.
Since You may have tympanic membrane (ear drum ) injury which may have perforated due to sudden change in pressure when you have jumped from some altitiude.
This may cause Otitis externa which causes the above symptoms.
You need to avoid swimming, head bath until it heals
Your ENT specialist may give antibiotics for bacterial infection if present.also he will treat inflammation in Tympanic membrane.
Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor