• question-icon

How to treat itchy rashes in legs?

Rash has appeared on both legs. Over the course of one month, there are time the rash appears to be getting and then there are time it appear to get worse. The affected area itches and is relieved by applying either benadryl or calamine lotion, but does not eliminate the itching or rash.
Fri, 15 Mar 2019
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have symptoms of itchy rashes on legs which seems to be due to contact dermatitis, allergic reaction, and fungal infection. It could be due to heat rash.

Need not to worry. I would suggest you to keep your skin clean and dry and you should apply only petroleum jelly and take antihistamine like benadryl twice a day. You should avoid touching or pricking your skin with any sharp object. If condition doesn't get well then consult dermatologist for proper examination. Doctor may order certain test like skin patch test , blood test , allergy test and take history to rule out the side effects of certain drug. Doctor may prescribe immunosuppressants along with anti inflammatory and corticosteroid ointment.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari