What causes rashes on the abdomen when diagnosed with shingles?

Question
For the past 11-months I have survived a case of shingles, with the resulting left-side back and stomach rash and itching approaching zero, which I understand is about the 1-year normal cycle for this condition. I was reading in yesterday's XXXXXXX Post that a new vaccine, Shingrix, has been approved for use and I vaccine, or isn't it neccessary now that I've lived thru it.
THANK YOU; XXXXXXX F. Lutzke
Saginaw, Michigan USA
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is...

Detailed Answer:

shingles which is a reactivation of Varicella-Zoster-Virus (VZV) may occur in the future as well. Patients usually get VZV at an early age (during their childhood) as chickenpox. Then VZV may reactivate randomly. Some individuals experience many attacks, while other individuals never have a single attack. Future attacks cannot be predicted so vaccination is recommended for individuals aged 50 or more.

I hope it helps!
Kind Regards!