How to treat a raised rash on the thigh?

Hi, I have a rash that's rounded and raised on my upper thigh. It's been there for 24 plus hours now. It feels like a sunburn and is maybe 2 inches around. Of course, it doesn't help that when I walk it rubs against my pants/other leg. I originally was concerned about lyme disease but it is not a bullseye and the other online sites I checked say the lyme rash is usually not a painful rash. I have just now tried cortisone otc but it is not itchy, I just figured I'd try something. I am 40, weigh around 140 and am 5'5" Any advice?
Mon, 14 Jun 2021

Raised rash on the upper thigh commonly occurs due to allergy, rubbing / friction between thigh and clothes you wear, heat rash, jock itch, chaffing, contact dermatitis, etc. You are suggested to take care of your hygiene. Take bath regularly, do not use harsh soap or chemical based skin lotions. Wear soft cotton clothes that do not rub against your thigh or the rash will get worse. Apply Clotrimazole ointment on the area affected. You can also apply Soframycin ointment for relief.

Applying cold compress or ice will give relieve, do not touch, scratch or pick. Take antihistamine, one at bed time. You can also take acetaminophen, one stat to help reduce pain and swelling. Get clinically examined by a dermatologist, you may need to get skin test done. You may need a course of cortico-steroids or other therapy. Stay away from addictions if any. Avoid stressful lifestyle.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician