How to strengthen bones and muscles in the legs?

i had a polio attack in the age of 3 yrs now my age is 29. recently i got slipped in stairs and my left femer got multiple fractures. doctors has fixed a titneium self adjusting plates to fix the fracture. i wanted to know that if there any medical treatment by which i can get some strength to my legs for bones and muscles development. my current femer bone is very week approx 1 diameter also have no muscles and looking like bird legs. please advice.
Thu, 27 May 2021

The musculoskeletal system is affected after acquiring polio and leads to post-polio residual palsy, wherein the affected limb has decreased strength. The management consists of a multi-disciplinary approach involving Orthopedic surgeon and physiotherapist.

The muscles of your lower limb can gain strength by doing strength exercises.A scan called Bone mineral density helps to diagnose Osteoporosis which is weakness of bone. The quality of bone can also be improved by using certain drugs. But before this, it requires a thorough evaluation by the orthopedist.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sridhar Reddy, General & Family Physician