How long will it take to completely cure bacterial tonsillitis?

Hello. I was diagnosed with bacterial Tonsillitis (due to strep) saturday night at the ER. I had yellow and white spots covering my tonsils. I was given presidone for swelling & penicillin. From saturday night until tonight my Left Tonsil has gone down quite a bit..but my right tonsil is still as big as when I went into the ER. I can now see some little holes & it feels kind of scratchy when i swallow. My appetite has been pretty poor today & I m feeling extremely tired. I m also feeling some pressure in my right ear. I ve also noticed that my face has been red on and off today. The yellow and white spots are almost gone on both sides. I m wondering If I should have my right tonsil rechecked or should I wait until I have completed my antibiotics??
Tue, 8 Jun 2021

Bacterial tonsillitis can take one to three weeks for complete cure if you continue the proper medications as prescribed by your treating Doctor or an ENT surgeon. Weakness, redness of face on and off, persistence of right tonsillar enlargement indicates the need to continue the proper medications, Povidone iodine gargles, plenty of oral fluids.

Recheck by a treating doctor, relevant tests of blood, anti-inflammatory medicines. multivitamins and minerals. All these will help to get cured. Pressure in right ear is usually a referred one or can be due to fullness in the middle ear due to infection spreading from nose and throat via Eustachian tube. Treatment remains the same but do not blood the nose at all.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon