How do you distinguish between a heart attack and indigestion/ heartburn ?

How do you distinguish between a heart attack and indigestion/ heartburn ? I m aware that heartburn has nothing to do with the heart, but I have heard that the symptoms can be very similar. Studies have shown that most women don t have the classic symptoms of the elephant sitting on the chest . I m experiencing the jaw pain accompanied with tightness of the chest, but I am also experiencing alot of belching, so that s what made me think it could be indigestion.
Fri, 11 Dec 2009