Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

How can we get relief from constipation ?

My mother is in the toilet trying to pass a stuck bowel movement . please help! I have given her hot coffee, fibrogel and water, tried back massage and pressing thumb to chin. Help!!! Thank you!
Wed, 18 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.If stool remains in colon for long time,as it happens in old age due to reduced peristalsis of intestine,more water from residual fecal matter is absorbed resulting in rock like stool.This stool can be passed either by giving enema or manual removal.So try enema.Good luck.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your mother is having absolute constipation.
She requires,
1,enema,prepared enemai s available in the market and give enema.
2,require removal of hard foecal material manually,
consult surgeon and get it removed manually.
Give plenty of water and green veggies,salads containing more fibre.
Ok and bye.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor