What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Question: What is the best over the counter hemorroid cream for instant relief. I live near a Walmart, and I will gomas soon as I hear from you. This just showed up last night out of the blue, there is a buldge and it feels like its burning. Then I searched for something to take to clear it permamently. Any suggestions there.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mentioned the agents but cause needs to be cured:) Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX! you can try Lidocaine ointment 5% they come in the name of -Lidoderm, -Regenecare, -LidaMantle You can also try Mild astringents like Hamamelis water , They come with the name Witch XXXXXXX You can also use simple acetaminophens. They come up with the name of Tylenol, Aspirin Free Anacin, Feverall and Mapap. Hope till here your query is solved and you can go to wallmart and get them to relieve the trouble for the while but i would like to help you with the constipation as hemorrhoid itself is triggered by chronic constipations and strainings. pardon my extra care for you but my patient is my family and i need them to know what they should. Lets discuss that. Before i say any thing. i would like to say haemorrhoids and constipation re symptoms not a disease.So you need to rule out the etiology causing it. Let me ask you some questions -Do you have Fewer than 3 bowel movements per week? -Do you Strain? -Do you haveLumpy or hard stools? -D you have Sensation of anorectal obstruction? -Do you have Sensation of incomplete defecation? -Do you have Manual maneuvering required to defecate? -Do you have Abdominal bloating? -Do you have Pain on defecation? -Do you have Rectal bleeding? -Do you have Spurious diarrhea? -Do you have Low back pain? -Do you have Rectal bleeding? -Do you have Abdominal pain (suggestive of possible irritable bowel syndrome [IBS] with constipation [IBS-C]) ? Inability to pass flatus? -Do you have Vomiting? If the answers to these questions is yes the more the severe the constipation. You need Rectal and perineal examination with some Imaging studies to rule out acute processes that may be causing colonic ileus or to evaluate causes of chronic constipation and also sources of sepsis or intra-abdominal problemsif leukocytosis fever or abdominal pains. If the problem still not known then Lower GI endoscopy, colonic transit study, defecography, anorectal manometry, surface anal electromyography (EMG), and balloon expulsion may be used in the evaluation of constipation. Lets talk some cure -You need to focus on dietary change and exercise rather than laxatives, enemas, and suppositories, none of which really address the underlying problem -Also correction of dietary deficiencies, which generally involves increasing intake of fiber and fluid and decreasing the use of constipating agents (eg, milk products, coffee, tea, alcohol) -You can have some of these medications for your onstipation 1)Bulk-forming agents (fibers; eg, psyllium): arguably the best and least expensive medication for long-term treatment 2)Emollient stool softeners (eg, docusate): Best used for short-term prophylaxis (eg, postoperative) 3)Rapidly acting lubricants (eg, mineral oil): Used for acute or subacute management of constipation 4)Prokinetics (eg, tegaserod): Proposed for use with severe constipation-predominant symptoms 5)Stimulant laxatives (eg, senna): Over-the-counter agents commonly but inappropriately used for long-term treatment of constipation There are some newer additions to the treatment management of constipation 1)Prucalopride, a prokinetic selective 5-hydroxytryptamine-4 (5-HT4) receptor antagonist that stimulates colonic motility and decreases transit time 2)The osmotic agents lubiprostone and linaclotide,which are FDA approved for chronic idiopathic constipation, constipation caused by irritable bowel syndrome, and (in the case of lubiprostone) opioid-induced constipation in adults with chronic, noncancer pain. Hope i was of some help and service. If you have any more queries for me please feel free to ask i would love to answer them.Otherwise kindly close the discussion before going to wallmart :) cheers. I wish you a very good luck and take some very good care of yourself
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D