What causes the skin to protrude from the anus after a bowel movement?
Have your PCP examined you? as you have written you talked to him?
Thank you for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
I've gone through your details.
I am Dr. Kumar and would be addressing your concerns.
As per your queries answer is there are two possibilities-
1) Rectal prolapse- It is a condition in which intestinal contents may prolapse out of the anal canal. Its a common problem elder patients. Initially prolapsed part would retract on its own however when the condition becomes chronic contents of intestines need to be inserted inside by using fingers or they would hang out permanently which may lead to sepsis and infection.
2) It could be hemorrhoid. Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the lowest part of your rectum and anus. As per your explanation, it can be a grade 2 internal hemorrhoid. These hemorrhoid protrudes out of anal canal while defecating but would spontaneously return back however in grade 3 you have to push them back manually using fingers.
Proctoscopic examination of anal canal by a general surgeon.
Anal manometry or Sigmoidoscopy to rule out rectal prolapse.
I am not sure of your PCP has examined you or have just talked to you so I am explaining both possibilities.
Depends on diagnosis.
Definitely, need to visit a general surgeon.
Please follow up with the report.
Hope I was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling fatigued after bowel movement what is causing this
- What causes blood and mucous after bowel movement
- What causes rectal bleeding after bowel movements
- What causes explosive bowel movements
- What is the cause for irregular bowel movement
- What causes loose bowel movements
- What causes fatigue after bowel movement
- What causes smelly bowel movements
- What is the cause for bowel movement after every meal
- Causes of stinging anus after bowel motion
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses