How can side effects of Respidol be treated?

Hi my name is christina. I a,m taking respidol and I stopped having periods because of respidol and I have high prolactin levels. I also have breast leakage. I just had my respidol changed to a lower dosage. I m still having these side effects from the respidol.What should I do?All the other medicnes for bipolar have even worse side effects. Do you think I have a lawsuit?If so who can you recomend that I talk to.
Mon, 14 Jan 2019
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Well, there's a lot, lowering the dose or stopping it will still take weeks to see if things are fixed.

In theory, the same blockers used with elevated prolactin that occurs naturally may work, but that may also have side effects and wouldn't be the first thing to try.

Along with that, Risperdal is quite good in bipolar and schizophrenia, but there are other treatments. In depression, it probably doesn't have to be used for more than at most a few months.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Matt Wachsman, Addiction Medicine Specialist