Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

How can my bacterial semen be treated ?

I have bacteria in my semen. cultures have come back with yeast, enteroccous species , and escherichia coli . I have been on Ciprofloxin, Levfloxin, amoxicillin , penicillian, penicillian vk. I have pelvic pain that feels like something is fermenting, burning pain after ejaculation, tingling in the penis, I had a stain like a butterfly on the glans which looked like a balantis photo. I experience fecal inconstence, i have had both a milky anal discharge and a tapioca like soft stone in the semen. The semen is curdled most of the time and yellowish or brownish. I have severe Hypogonadism, ED, Diabetes. What should I pursue in treatment. What direction can I propose with my doctor.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Sep 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  194
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You are having infection of semen may be due to epididymitis or prostatitis. The recurrence of infection is mainly due to the associated diabetes. You need to control the blood glucose levels with hypoglycaemic agents and culture sensitivity of semen will help in determining the antibiotic best for you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor