Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

How can i control the high blood pressure at the age of 29 years ?

SIRmy age is 29 yrs I having blood pressure from last 2 yrs but i controlled with my diet and excercise but now last two week having headache and anxietyi contacted my doctor he said your bp is high 165 high blood pressure
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  167
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
If your blood pressure remains high for long time I wonder why you did not start the treatment ?
Now a days bp is very common due to stress and strain of life.
You do not have malignant hypertension,only simple antihypertensive medicine will control your bp.
Do not hesitate for going for treatment.
Untreated high bp will produce complications in future.
Go for ECG,lipid profile and blood sugar.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 28 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM>
BP 165 at the age of 29 is quite high you have not mentioned your diastolic BP which
is eqally or more important than systolic BP.Observe BP for few more readings in resting
coditions to judge the severity of BP, and to asses what dose you of medicine you will
require to start with. If persistantly remains at this level should not deped on diet and
exercise to get the result.How ever it should be continued to get additional benefit
on drugs.Intially drug like B-blocker metoprolol may be tried. Get done your cbc,rft,lipid
profile,sugar and urine report to preserve as base line reports. Thanks
Answered: Wed, 28 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Since you are adopting lifestyle changes for past 2 years it is high time that you start anti hypertensive medications.The goal should be to bring your BP to 120/80 mm of hg level as long standing hypertension has detrimental effect on your cardiovascular system.Consult a doctor for the medicines and basic investigations like blood sugar,lipid profile,LFTs,KFTs and thyroid function tests.Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 28 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. hypertension is said mailgnant when target organ involvement is there such as:
.on heart:exertional dyspnea,pedal edema
.on brain:altered sensorium vomiting,severe headache,visual disturbances,transient paralysis,convulsions,stupor,coma
.eye:blurring of vision
so are there any of the above mentioned symptoms in you,probably its not malignant

2.You have to go for renal function tests
3.your blood sugar and weight
4.avoid salt rich foods:pickles,cheese,papad,salted butter,pop corns,salted peanuts/cashews,salted bisuits
5.take potassium rich foods like grapes,mosumbi
6.low fat diet,use monosaturated oil hypertension is a psyco-somatic disorder, take brahmi vati 2 tab at bed time with luke warm water
Answered: Wed, 28 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
BP at this age in majority of cases comes from parents and this is regarded as malignant hypertension. It calls for regular observation and treatment only diet control may fail to check it. Have regular exercise and get your lipid profile also checked. In Ayurveda we recomment sarpgandha compounds you can have mukta vati. shirodhara lowers it. shav asan and meditation also lowers it. restrict salt and fats.
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor