Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

How can i be free from heel pain post a spinal cord injury ?

hi, I m 5 5 and 180 lbs. I never had a foot pain except after I injured my lower back C1 - C3/4 of the spine; I got a bad foot pain. I went for neurologist , she electric shock different part of my foot. It didn t work. I still has the pain on and off. Now, my right feet is aching and limping when i walk. I do a foot excises, I hear books are cracking and sore pain. As for my bottom of my heel , it has been more painful than it used to. I don t wear high heels much; mostly sneakers to have a happy foot. What cause my heel hurts so much? How to cure this foot pain? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
your foot condition might not be due to your back injury.
it can be just a coincidence to start with that episode.
take an Xray.
consult a ortho. it can be plantar fascitis which causes heel and foot pain.
if the pain is confined to the heel only it can be calcaneum spur. there are different reasons for each.
get an accurate diagnosis i ll advice u further thereafter.
contact 9833051606
Answered: Fri, 27 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Seeker. Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You are Obese. First of all, this should be the reason for pain in the foot as your Body will be putting more pressure on your feet. It is known to cause arthritis. Kindly get your Self examined by a Orthopedist and get a X ray done to rule out the exact cause. Exercise regularly and eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Give your Feet adequate rest and avoid stress and strain. You can use a ankle cap while walking. You may require pain medications and Physiotherapy. Apply heat pads regularly when the pain is severe. Consult a Orthopedist and get a X ray done first.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor