Is acute heel pain associated with Morton's neuroma?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have acute heal pains which developed while sleeping and continue now during the morning when I walkCould it be from a Morton neuroma ?

Why can I not have an answer immediately? Tomorrow I can go to visit my doctor at XXXXXXX XXXX where I am a professor.
I need an immediate answer to go to my doctor tomorrow.If not I do not want to pay.
My home telephone number is 0000
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be plantar fasciitis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the heel that you have developed while sleeping is less likely to be related to Morton neuroma. This can happen due to an inflammation of plantar fascia- known as plantar fasciitis. Proper examination and few investigations like X-ray can help in confirmation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal