Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of the burning and itching due to BV quickly ?

Ok about 3 months ago I had a BV and I want to my doctor for and he have some pill for it and it went away but then like a week later I started having this burning and itching really bad and if I had sex it really hurt so again I want to the doctor and he said it was a yeast infection he just told me to get monistat 7 I did and I used for the seven days but am still I itching and when I wipe it burn and it been like 3 months I been dealing with this how can I make this go away please am desperate Am so tried of this I don t know what to do I feel like nothing is working
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
Hello M3ly222,
Thanks for posting your query.
We can understand your stress related to the problem which is disturbing your day today life. Candidal / Yeast infection are sometimes very hardy to be treated. This can be due to antibiotic resistance also.
Now to treat your problem is to take latest antifungal oral drug ( in my choice is -ITRACONAZOLE). Along with it you should add sertaconazole pessaries under medical supervision with prior antifungal sensitivity test.
You should do vaginal douches two times with saline water mixed with gentian violet paint ( 1:1000) for 10-15 minutes daily ( this is a simple method where you take bath tub half filled with luke warm water and add pinch of salt and few drops of gentian violet paint). If you are sexually active then use condoms strictly during every sexual act.
Hope to give you the best advice do give us the follow up,
With best health wishes,
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia.
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Using over the counter anti-itch medications may help with your condition. If you have been adequately treated for infections and been examined by a gynecologist, I suggest that you take yourself to a psychiatrist who can help with your itching and burning sensation as there are a lot of medications that are effective. I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor