Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Hit on back of head by accident. Hair fall on same area. How can I get hair back?

Hi my name is Joel ! About a month ago I had an accident I fell of my car and hit the back of my head. I was at the hospital for a week. After that I came home and notice my hair falling from the same are. And it got bigger and bigger every other day now I have like a bolt spot. It the size of 2 quarters ! How can I get my hair back and is it curable ?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Hair fall from the root continuously might be due to dead hair follicles or low blood circulation in that area. Your accident history and hospitaliation and head injury explains that. Such hairfall and baldness after head injury often happens and need not be concerned too much.

You have to rejuvanate the cells and hair follicles in that area after the injury is fully healed. Medical intervention should be considered better than cosmetic solutions. Consult a dermattologist as ask for further advice.

Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 21 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor