Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

History of heart attack. Now have pain near heart radiating to arm, shoulder, and underarm. Sweating, pinching feeling

hi, my dad is heart patient and has had a heart attack before, he has had stunts put in 2005. after that he hasn t had any heart problem however, he is 58years old and last night he felt a pain near his heart which travelled along his arm, shoulder and underarm . he felt strain and a pinching feeling for at least 1 hour, he also began sweating.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

Your father had Heart attack which was treated with angioplasty and stent placement,I am sure he must be taking other drugs also, but his description of pain looks cardiac origin so please get urgent ECG as soon as possible and consult Cardiologist and he should take sorbitrate sub lingually in emergency which can be repeated ,if pain is not relieved he must be hospitalized for further management and investigations.

If there is abnormal EKG then he will be required to stabilized first by medication then re perfusion therapy or angiography may be required to assess his coronary anatomy,to see are there new blocks or stent is working nicely or not.

In case every thing is fine and tests are normal then optimal therapy may be required only.

Please take care

Good Luck.'

Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor