Is atherosclerosis detected in a CT scan a cause for concern?
significant mediastinal or gross hilar nodes.
73 year old white males.
What do you suggest I do.
Go for angiogram.
Thanks for query sir,
As CT is suggetive of Atherosclerosis you should go for a check angiogram to rule out percentage of blockage in coronary vessels.If blockage are critical more then 75% in major coronary artery then to prevent future myocardial infarction risk(Heart attack) stents would be deployed in respective vessels.
In the same way angio aortogram would be done to see if aorta is critically narrowed and a stent would be deployed accordingly.
Of blockage is less then 75% then you would be treated medically.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can ct scan cause cancer
- Can blood clots be detected on a ct scan
- Can ct scan detect candida
- Can ct scan detect diverticulitis
- What week ct scan detect pregnancy
- How accurate is the ct scan in detecting lesions
- Jaundice caused by ct scan
- Does ct scan detect cervical cancer
- Ct scan caused miscarriage
- What are causes of shadow on ct scan
- Can swelling in the legs cause any complications based on the attached...
- What causes breathlessness while lying down as per the attached reports?
- What do these lab reports indicate?
- Does low BP cause cold sensation in the feet?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and foul smelling liquid discharge in the...
- What are the symptoms of angioedema?
- How much ghee should be a part of one's daily diet?
- What causes increased heart rate while having Hashimoto's disease?
- Suggest anti-inflammatory medication to be taken along with a blood thinner
- What causes pain in the left hand and upper back post acute MI treatment?