Do systolic levels of 228 require medical attention?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that his blood pressure values are really high.
Considering also his age, he may be at risk for a cerebral hemorrhage or a heart attack.
For this reason, I recommend bringing him as soon as possible at the ER for a careful physical exam, a resting ECG, a brain CT scan and some blood lab tests.
Meanwhile, I would recommend putting a tablet Captopril under his tongue.
What is his actual therapy? If you do not have Captopril at home, then you should give him one tablet from his usual anti-hyperntensive therapy.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Let me know about everything!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Systolic pressure 127
- Drugs/medication for isolated systolic hypertension
- Need medical information about congenital condition called extra systole
- Drugs/medication for systolic hypertension
- Drugs/medication for Systolic heart murmur
- Systolic blood pressure
- Drugs/medication for systolic heart failure
- Drugs/medication for systolic dysfunction
- Drugs/medication for lv systolic dysfunction
- Systolic 131