Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

History of acid reflux and epigastric burning. Endoscopy found esophagitis. What should I do?

i am 22 yrs old and suffering from acid reflux and epigastric burnig for last 6 years, recently i had an upper gi endoscopy where type 2 esophagitis found in gastroesophageal junction .the problem is chronic and even a single day without medicine is very painful for me , last 6 years i am depending on nexium , what should i do now ? i need to cure it properly as it affects seriously of my daily life ........ please help me . Avijit Sen
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
management of eosophagitis actually requires use of proton pump inhibitors like Nexium. The dose used is also very important as a determinant for success. Very low doses might at times not produce spectacular results. Life style changes like avoiding late night meals, acid foods, caffeine containing substances, all substances like alcohol that increase crises and raising the head side of the bed before sleeping might help. Prolonged hunger or remaining on an empty stomach must be discouraged. Its worth carrying out a repeat examination for the presence of Helicobacter Pylori , a germ seen in acute gatritis which might aggravate eosophagitis.
Consulting a gastroenterologist at some point might be very useful.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor