Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

High pulse rate, ears feeling clogged. Sign of ear infection? Should I drain out ear?

Hi, a few months ago I had a sinus infection/ inner ear infection of some sort. It came on quickly with my ears feeling clogged followed my SEVERE pain and ringing. I rushed to urgent care where they drained my ear and prescribed me amoxicillin . After that there was slight ringing for a while after. Today, I went to donate blood and they wouldn t allow me because my pulse was an alarming 137 at a resting state. When I came home my ears felt clogged, and it is continuing to get worse. A ringing in my right ear(left ear last time) and it is beginning to get very uncomfortable. I have heard that a high pulse can be a sign of inner ear infection. Should I go to the doctor, or simply flush out my ear? It feels very similar to what it was last time
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The high pulse would occur if there is a fever associated with an ear infection or if there is significant pain.
If the ear is extremely painful, it would cause an increase in the rate though 137 is very high.
In view of the elevated rate, it would be best for you to see your doctor for a full examination.

Hope this helps
Answered: Mon, 14 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor