Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

High BP, fluttering in chest, overweight. Worried ?

I am 44 year old overweight woman. My blood pressure is running 146/91 pulse 92 the lowest it has been in 3 days is 166/74 pulse 89. I am having what feels like fluttering in my chest. Yes I am under a lot of stress but that can not be fixed. (I am sole caregiver to 4 kids, one is bi-polar and mild asburgures and my daughter has been in the hosptial earlier this year for prolapsed colon and my husband has been diagnosed with dimentia (hes only 47) I homeschool and work two side jobs and take a class). I am generally a calm person but yes it's getting to me. But I just need to know if these numbers and the flutters is something I really need to see the doctor about or if I can continue walking, eating better and staying on my blood pressure medicine. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Sister
thanks for writing to us.
i can understand that you are under a lot of stress. the numbers you are telling me are significant as they reflect presence of hypertension ( high BP). Fluttering sensation in chest may be due to some rhythm disorder (which can be association of hypertension) or it may be simply high heart rate due to stress.
1. I would recommend that you see your physician for this fluttering sensation.
2. try to relax, use relaxation techniques and check your BP daily , at same time, when your are relatively stress free. If still, your BP readings are more than 140/90 most of the time,then you will have to take drug therapy for same. your Dr will look into other parameters which suggest if your BP problem is there for long time and he may chose to start drugs straightaway.
3. try to decrease your weight, use less salt, do daily exercise and do meditation. these are life style modifications to lower your BP.
feel free to communicate in future
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

There is no doubt that you should see a doctor.
There is a known cause to account for / it does not exclude others / nor exempt from treatment.
You need examination and investigation. EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance. The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.
As a sole care-giver, you have to keep yourself fit.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor