Heart attack versus stroke

I am aware that stroke and heart attack are cardiovascular episodes. But what s the similarity between them ?
Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
's  Response
A stroke or a heart attack can result from arteries that have been damaged by arteriosclerosis. Arteriosclerosis happens when plaque forms inside the blood vessels, restricting their elasticity and causing them to become narrowed and brittle. If plaque fractures, a clot can form inside the artery. If the artery supplies the heart, this can cause a heart attack. If it supplies the brain and a piece of the clot breaks off and travels with the blood to the brain, stroke occurs.