Owl Image

Having ulcer on penis.

i had unprotected sex with my girl friend and after two days it i had fever and ulcer on my penis tip. is it HIV infection i have got?
Mon, 16 Apr 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Hai, Your problem is not definitely due to HIV infection. Early symptoms of HIV is like a FLU like presentation with fever and body pain. Never as an ulcer genital. Other symptoms of HIV used to occur only after 5-7 years. Not earlier, only after the immunity considerably low. Genital ulcer may likely to occur with Syphilis, Genital Herpes, Chancroid and some balanoposthitis etc. So consult your doctor and with investigations arrive at diagnosis and get cured. Get well soon. Dr SM.
Did you used condoms. It may be HIV also, it is not safe now a days to have sex with out using condoms, it is very risky and HIV is rise now a days, you need to be more careful. See a doctor immediately and get an test done for HIV. Take precautions next time
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
NOT AN HIV,IN HIV SYMOTOMS COMES LATE BUT OTHER SEXUAL TRANSMITTED DISEASE LIKE HERPES,DUCREYS,CHANCRE, OR INFECTION OF GLANS AND BULB MAY BE ACAUSE DO INVESTIGATIONS FOR STDS AND EVEN FOR HIV ,START TREATMENT IMMEDIATELY CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR.

Dermatologist Dr. Jangid's  Response
plz give a detailed history -
protected sex or unprotected
ulcers are painful or painless ..
have any swelling in groin and/or lower abdomen ??
ulcer on pennis may be because of herpis infection also.....and it was hell..i got it from my girl friend...it pains like hell man..and u know....it will be on and off...
  Anonymous's Response

it seems you have an sexually transmitted disease. You need to check with your doctor especially with a dermatologist to cure this. Avoid sex for time being.