Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I am 24 years old and have ulcer on the foreskin of penis

sir my age is 24 there is a small ulcer on the foreskin of my penis i feel pain pls suggest the treatment for this penis ulcer
Asked On : Thu, 23 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  302
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

Good Day
Are you sexually active. The ulcer on the penis could be mostly due to STDs like Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Chlamydia etc. You need to get it swabbed and tested at a Hospital to find out which organism in the cause. Then treatment can be given. Kindly visit your Dermatologist/Venerologist and get required management.
Answered: Thu, 23 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u have painful ulcer over penis
so there is no chance of syphilis ,gonorrhea ,viral other than herpes as all are painless.
it may be due to trauma ,chancroid ,herpes .
u need to consult dermatologist
till apply plain antibiotic cream only
avoid sexual activity
if u have sexual exposure then she will also need to get medicine
dont let this ulcer normally ,u must consult doctor as early as u can

dr gaurav patel ,ahmedabad
Answered: Thu, 23 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor