Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Having pimple like on penis. Has white head, pus and filled, swollen penis. What should I do ?

I have a hard pimple like thing on my penis shaft, it has been present for well over a year. I have never attempted to pop it, simply because it didn't bother me, For some odd reason yesterday it had a white head and was able to pop it a bit (hurt horridly) and white puss came out then bit of blood. It is very tender now, and swollen. What should I do ?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. It seems like you have been having problems with poor genital hygiene. If you have a lesion such as what you have described it is probably due to having a sexually transmitted infection if you are sexually active. However, assuming that you are not it is most likely to be folliculitis and to avoid the same in the future it is good to keep the genital area clean and dry and use an antibiotic powder. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Fri, 14 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor