Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have vomiting. Done USG. Found complex cystic SOL in adnexal region. Help?

Hi,I am 30 years old and married since 1 year.I did my USG and found complex cyctic SOL in both adnexal region (in right 5.85cm*4.65cm and in left 3.56 cm *4.35cm)...usually I had pain during the first two days of my period...few days back I started feeling that I would vomit and took ONDEM medicine for a I don t feel the it dangerous and affect conception????
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Health Care Magic,

Ovaries undergo a monthly cycle of release of ovum/ egg. After the release of the egg, a cyst is left behind which may resolve or may be left as it is.
Thus, cysts are a normal feature of healthy ovaries.
It would have been more helpful if you had added your menstrual history.
Pain during initial days of menstruation is normal and it is called dysmenorrhoea. If it is distressing and incapacitating then you can take a pain killer called mefenemic acid.
Vomiting can occur due to many reasons. It can be a part of morning sickness associated with pregnancy. It can be due to gastrointestinal upset.
Ondem is a drug for controlling vomiting.
During pregnancy it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking any drug.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Prasad Akole's  Response
Dear Debaki, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

The ovarian SOLs may be the cause of nausea, vomiting if they are secretory. Sometimes stretch on the ligaments of the ovary may cause vomiting.
To be precise in my answer, I would need more information.
Do you have any bleeding irregularity? Is there fever, white discharge per vagina?
Is there recent weight gain?
What other symptoms do you experience?

There is a possibility of PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease).

I would advise you to be guided by a good gynaecologist to evaluate these possibilities and rule out any cystic tumour/ abscesses.

Some of these diseases do affect conception.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Mamun Kabir's  Response
Thank you for your query.

Sometimes bilateral ovarian cyst is found in routine USG.
Most of them are small in size.
These are not pathological.

But your cyst are relatively larger than normal.
These may affect conception.

But I think that these are not dangerous.
Chance of having cancer is very poor because it is bilateral.

Regular follow up with USG is necessary.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor