Other professional achievements
Co-author of papers presented at the 22nd ESICM Annual Congress- Vienna, Austria. 11–14 October 2009.
1) Drotrecogin alpha - cutting costs, not corners!
S. Jog, T. Dravid, P. Phadke, R. Kulkarni, N. Bapat, P. Akole, B. Pawar
2) Outcome predictors of high frequency oscillatory ventilation in adult ARDS
S. A. Jog, T. Dravid, P. Rajhans, P. Akole, B. Pawar, B. Bhurke, A. Phadake, R.Kulkarni
Intensive Care Med. 2009 Sep;35 Suppl 1:S5-306. PMID: 19657622 [PubMed- indexed for MEDLINE]
Presented a paper as poster at the 28th International Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine (ISICEM), Brussels, Belgium. (18th March-21st March, 2008)
3) Drotrecogin alpha (DA): Start early, see response, stop early !
S Jog, P Akole, B Pawar,B Bhurke, S. Gadgil, P Rajhans
Critical care 2008, 12 (Suppl 2):P 206 PMID: 18452592 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Co-author of 4 papers presented as posters at the 20th congress of European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM), Berlin, Germany. (October, 2007)
4) Does High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation Impart Hemodynamic Instability?
S. A. Jog, P. A. Rajhans, P. V. Akole, S. J. Gadgil, K. S. Kulkarni, A. Sambare, V. Lonkar, M.
Deshpande, N. Gogate, A. Gadre
5) High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation In ARDS- Can We Predict Success?
S. A. Jog, P. A. Rajhans, P. V. Akole, S. J. Gadgil, B. Pawar, A. Phadake, A. Sambare, B. Bhurke, V.
Lonkar, A. Sabale
6) Intermittent Hemodialysis In Septic Shock Patients–Cutting Costs; Not Corners!
S. A. Jog, P. A. Rajhans, P. V. Akole, S. J. Gadgil, A. Mulay, T. Dighe, A. Chandwani, H. Maenkar, B.
Pawar, M. Deshpande
7) 'End Of Life' Practice In India – A Family Decision
S. A. Jog, P. A. Rajhans, P. V. Akole, S. J. Gadgil, B. Pawar, N. Gogate, P. Dahia, A. Gadre, D. Wagh, H.
Intensive Care Med. 2007 Sep;33 Suppl 2:S5-271. PMID: 18183643 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Presented 4 posters at the 27th International Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine (ISICEM), Brussels, Belgium. (27th March-30th March, 2007)
8) S Jog; P Akole; S Gadgil; P Rajhans. Haemodynamic Effects of High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation In ARDS.
9) S Jog; P Akole; P Rajhans; B Pawar. Outcome Predictors of High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation In ARDS.
10) S Jog; P Akole; N Gogate; S Gadgil. Haemodynamic Goal Directed Intermittent Haemodialysis.
11) S Jog; P Akole; B Pawar; N Gogate; S Gadgil; P Rajhans. SOFA Score as Outcome Predictor In Malarial MODS.
Crit Care. 2007;11 Suppl 2:S1-201. PMID: 17493246 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
12) Prasad V. Akole. Caution! Another potential source of trouble: a skin-staple falling into the trachea during laryngectomy.
Anesth analg 2002; 95: 1123-1124 PMID: 12351315 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
13) Akole P, Zirpe K, Diddee S, Nanivadekar A, Vhora S.
Post-traumatic massive epistaxis: endovascular intervention for a rare cause.
(presented as a poster at the International Critical Care Congress, 8-11 Feb.2003, Jaipur, India.
Published in the conference souvenir).
14) Dr Sameer Jog, Dr Divyesh Patel, Dr Tejal Dravid, Dr Balasaheb Pawar, Dr Prasad Akole, SN Dibin K. Chandran
Early application of high frequency oscillatory ventilation in ‘2009H1N1 influenza’ related ARDS is associated with better outcome.
Won the first prize at oral paper presentation at the 18th International Critical Care Congress
(Criticare2012), Pune. (Feb 17-19, 2012)
- Sub-investigator of PROWESS-SHOCK international phase 3 trial of drotrecogin-alpha in early septic
- Sub-investigator of ZORO phase 3 international clinical trial.
- Was sub-investigator of ADOPT international clinical trial.
- Was co- investigator of an international IP trial: Phase 3, multicenter, multinational, open-label study to
study the safety and efficacy of Alfimeprase in subjects with occluded central venous access devices
- Worked as a safety physician for phase 1, clinical trials at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune.
- Active participation in the EPIC- II worldwide study.