Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain, pressure and fullness between belly button and genitals. Frequent stools, loss of appetite

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 961 Questions
Hi there,

For the last couple of weeks i have been experiencing some various pains in my stomach area.

The main area is between my belly button and genitals it feels like pressure and fullness building up there.

The pain sometimes radiates to my back

I also get now and then sharp pains in various places of my stomach.

Ive had frequent stools, lost about 6 pounds in weight in the last week and a half and have lost my appetite.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 2 hours later
Dear friend,

Thanks for posting your query.

Pain in abdomen, loose motions and weight loss in a 28 year old may point to a gastrointestinal problem (bowel related).

Ureteric pain is usually in a typical distribution and does not cause loose motion, weight loss.

Can you post some details of your problems, so that I can guide better?

Let me have details like:

Amount of weight lost, any past problems, if there is fever?
Is there blood, mucus in stool? Nausea and vomiting?
Alternating constipation?
Does it hurt in abdomen on pressing down?
Urination is normal or not?
Any tests done so far?

You need to get basic labs done like haemogram, urine and stool routine, LFT, urea, creatinine, electrolytes and an ultrasound abdomen and pelvis.

You may need a gastroenterologist opinion, if all suggest an inflammatory cause like diverticulitis or IBS (Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome) etc.

Please revert so that we can narrow down the spectrum of investigations needed.

Would be glad to help :)

Take care and keep me posted on your progress.

Good luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor