Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have vaginal itching, rash and swelling between thighs, sensitive breast and itchy nipple. Suggestions?

I had some vaginal itching, so I assumed it was a yeast infection . I am postmenopausal. I hadn t had one of these in a long time, but it was familiar. I bought a generic Monostat 7 and then developed a horrible rash between my upper thighs -- rash and swelling . Exterior of vagina is also still a bit itchy, but all itching is mostly external. I m at my wits end. Nothing soothes the itch and it s on a large area of both thighs. What s even more strange is that my breasts are very sensitive and the nipples are itchy as well. Help!
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

It could be fungal infection, with secondary bacterial infection.
You may need to take antifungal cream and antibiotic if there is any secondary bacterial infection.
You can take antihistamines to reduce itching.
Get done your blood sugar test for diabetes.
Wash your inner wears in hot water and sun dry
Maintain good hygiene, keep area dry.
If not reduced by these measures get examined by doctor.
Hope I answered your question.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Vidya
Answered: Mon, 12 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor