Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have swollen and dark penis, scrotum. Had ultrasound test. Had a fall. When will it recover?

Good day

I am an "elderly fellow of 69 years", a few days ago I fell very badly. My face around the eyes and face on one side were swollen and dark but now three days later it has receded significantly.

However my penis and scrotum are dark bluish and violet and have the size of a "gorilla" - they are very uncomfortable and here the question: why did they not recede equally. The Ultra Sound of the scrotum I had done the next day talked about hematoma or ecchymosis and a large amount of right hydrocele.

Do I have to expect a longer recovery period for that part of my body?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that you would have to expect a longer than normal recovery unless you choose to go the surgical route and have the hematoma drained if there is too much of it and the hydrocoele is making your life unbearable and you are uncomfortable from it. However, it would probably take about a week or two to subside in the inflammation part and about 6-8 weeks to completely resolve in case you do not have any associated infection. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 15 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor