Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have reoccurring painful split wound on butt. Treatment?

I shower daily, often times twice a day and dry off good, but my butt crack often times gets cracked with a painful open red split wound. I apply neosporin to and it seems sometimes it helps and other times after 4 days there is minimal improvement. It seems when I don t put anything on it and it dries itself out that it finally gets better only to have it happen all over again a couple days later. Do you know what might be the cause of this? And what is the best treatment?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for posting on HCM. You did not mention your age and since how long this problem is continuing.
As you are telling your wound is a painful red wound and a recurring one so it might be a fistula, so at this time i would suggest go to a surgeon and get it physically examined.

Answered: Thu, 13 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor