What causes a black spot on the right side of the throat?
Recently I noticed this black spot on the right side of my throat and I was just wondering if this is something I should get checked out by my doctor? It kind of came out of nowhere and I just noticed it yesterday and I don’t really stay out in the sun that often and usually wear sunscreen if I am. I have attached an image of it let me know what you think and signs I should watch out for?
Also another thing I have come down with a cold and I was wondering what the best way's to prevent my ear from clogging up since I am quite prone to that happening with previous history of colds?
Pseudofolliculitis, apply topical antibiotic
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be a healed lesion of pseudofolliculitis.
It is nothing serious.
I would recommend you to apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin ointment or benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the affected area twice daily for 7-10 days.
This should resolve it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes strep throat
- What causes a hoarse throat
- What causes white waxy spots in throat
- What causes sore throat on right side
- Possible causes of a black throat
- What can cause white spots in throat
- What causes drainage in throat
- What could cause white spots in throat
- What causes a raspy throat
- What cause throat infection
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs