What causes a black spot on the right side of the throat?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hey doctor,
Recently I noticed this black spot on the right side of my throat and I was just wondering if this is something I should get checked out by my doctor? It kind of came out of nowhere and I just noticed it yesterday and I don’t really stay out in the sun that often and usually wear sunscreen if I am. I have attached an image of it let me know what you think and signs I should watch out for?

Also another thing I have come down with a cold and I was wondering what the best way's to prevent my ear from clogging up since I am quite prone to that happening with previous history of colds?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pseudofolliculitis, apply topical antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be a healed lesion of pseudofolliculitis.
It is nothing serious.
I would recommend you to apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin ointment or benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the affected area twice daily for 7-10 days.
This should resolve it.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj