Can HIV be contracted from running tap water after usage of toothbrush with bleeding gums?

Dr. Ornela Ademovi

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: hi I have a concern I was getting water for the camber i was carrying it and all of sudden I tapped a gentlemen at work and I looked at him and I never said a word cause because I was preoccupied with the water just tapped him and he replied you dont even say excuse me! than he said something else i dont know what but it was regarding what i mentioned to you and I said Sir I apologize like I said what am i supposed to do he saw e with the water cambro I dis not say this comment to him but like how I said Sorry Sir I appoligizw now did this individual have an attitude or what why or why not did i do everything right is this my fault its weird how someone says you dont even says excuse me if you were in his shoes would you have said something to the person who madde contact with you im not worried what a shocker

When I bumped him hiv??

Not sure tested
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Should have apologized

Detailed Answer:

I am trying to understand your question and it seems like you bumped into someone while walking and did not apologize. And they expected you to. Well, it would have been the right thing to do to say I’m sorry and move on. In any case, it really is not something to dwell on. This does not seem to be a medical question.
Please help me understand what hiv has got to do with this?

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
I was leaning heavy water on my shoulder when I bumped to him contracing on the water did not realize humbled to him as I had a bucket of water leaning on my shoulder that’s when it all started now makes sense what I should bow down to the person he wasn’t thinking I do t think does he want something in return like a free drink can’t believe this guests always want to make something I bumped him cause I was with the water that’s why and did not see as with the water so it’s my fault if I were to see than I appoligized If i said this I would get in trouble as an employment a guest has advantage not always in this situation I felt there was no need to say anything he should of said nothing to me

Bumping like I don’t mnuq Hd he had anything when I bumped him that’s all hiv test

I think he was embrassed since he said this honestly
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please state your HEALTH related question

Detailed Answer:

This is not a health related question and I am unable to answer questions that go beyond my area of expertise.

If you have any questions related to your health concerns, please state them clearly so I can help you further.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Sorry I had a toothbrush I believed it was closed so I opened don’t recall but I used it to brush my teeth this morning hiv test my gum area was bleeding how ever to make sure I put it underneath the faculty can hiv get jillwd by the water god for bid??
Brief Answer:
No water transmission

Detailed Answer:

HIV cannot be transmitted through running tap water. It can only be transmitted through blood or exchange of bodily fluids through intercourse.
HIV cannot survive outside the human body.
If you have bleeding gums, it is best if you see a dentist for treatment of gum disease.

Kind regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
So what I explained to u I’m not at ridk
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Risk highly unlikely

Detailed Answer:
I think that it is highly unlikely that you might be at risk of getting HIV in the way you described.
No need to worry unless you engage in a risky behavior that involves coming into direct contact with infected hiv blood, or being intimate with an infected person.
Wishing you all the best.
Thanks listen I used the restroom and a guest bag made contact with my lower leg now looked down maybe a circle it was like a circle ⭕️ I’m not saying needle in bag but u don’t know how I got this ???im going in sane this was at work at the hotel what do u think thanks

The scratch mark not concerned it’s the dot u see it bleeding thanks

The toothbrush I rinsed with water before I put in my mouth though so hiv is dead before anything

Regarding the red dot what should I do?? Is this a risky situation regarding the leg the bag contacted me and what i sent u. The dot circle like bleeding is concerning to me like I said the guest was passing and got my leg and notice the red dot and I saw it bleeding not dripping but open and there is a scratch not concerning the scratch the red dot though hiv chance?? Honestly thanks it was like a carryon bag from a guest that’s all

Few days ago I did not have this in my leg now today I do the red mark I’m not concerned it’s the dot though it’s open not bleeding like dripping but it’s open though hiv testing ?? U think it was that h know nle??? Needle
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see as below

Detailed Answer:

It looks like a simple scratch which can be taken care of with some neosporin cream and a band aid. The red spot looks like a collection of blood and if it appears in other places it should be checked. As long as it remains single I do not think there is cause for concern.

Ottoman line it’s not a needle mark??? Honestly that circle dot

Hiv test not required

That circle ⭕️ u see not a needle mark honestly??? Thanks

But it’s iterestibg how that dot got there I did not have that a few days ago ???

My mom said xxxxx can’t worry every little thing I’m too careful

My leg hit the guests appeared to be a guests bag duffel I think as soon I made contact I believe not feel anything but can’t recalk

Thbjs

Can t ask other doctirs as well thank you regarding the dot I would really appreciate IT I want to be 100 safe that’s all and please let healthcaremagic know not to close this discussion thank you XXXXXXX Beatus
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not likely

Detailed Answer:
It looks like a collection of blood which sometimes happens when there is some injury to the skin. Not necessarily a needle prick.

Please use neosporin and a band aid on the skin until it heals.

I agree with what your mom told you. You do worry too much about things. Keep in mind that there is never 100% safety in anything. Life is full of unexpected events and if you worry about every little thing you will miss out on living.

Take care and enjoy life.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 18 minutes later
So no hiv test honestly u think ur SA needle??? Scared to death

Not a needle thank you ask other doctors u work with please

When u nean not necessary a prick ur saying u don’t know inconclusive?? Regarding the dot
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not at this time

Detailed Answer:
HIV does not show in tests this early after a possible exposure. You could do the test, but it would very likely come out negative. You would have to wait a couple of weeks for that.

It that makes you feel better and reduce your anxiety, do take a test after a couple of weeks.

All the best.
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 20 minutes later
So it was a needle mark???is this what ur saying????

If u were me what would u really do ignore it???

U fgjbk its nexcessary honestly
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
I already mentioned above, that I do not think it is a needle mark. It is just a collection of blood due to a common scratch.
If I were you, I would put some neosporin and band aid on it and not think much of it.