Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Have lower pelvic pain and bleeding. On menopause. Had ablation done on endometrosis. Advised hysterectomy.

im 52 yo female..with one birth at 23 and 3 miscarriages since..i have several endometriosis with fibroid cysts and ovarian cyst history..i have had an ablation done on the endometrosis at 30..i went through menopause at 46 and done with cycles at 48..i couldnt take the effects of menopause so started bioidentical..the last few years have been great but a year ago start having bouts of lower pelvic pain that was so bad at times had to be in hospital to control pain..recently i bleed from 2/5 to 3/21..had a endometrial biopsy..benign but my obgyn wants to do a full hysterectomy and i have i on the right path..cannot take the pain like being in full blown labor.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for the query.As you are 52 years old and you have a child and your symptoms are bothering you the right decision is hysteretcomy.After you endometrial biopsy your doctor may thought that there are some chances of carcinoma and thats the another reason why she planned for hysterectomy.The symptoms your are having nowmay be resolved my the surgey so dont be panic as now a days hysterectomy became so common in western countries.Thank you,contact me if you have any other queries.have agood health.bye
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor