Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have constipation and acid reflux. Have a mesh surgery due to pain?

I visited an gastroentrologist to get an egd and colonoscopy due to my acid reflux and constipation . Everything checked out fine. However, I do have an umilical hernia which purstrudes when I eat and gets tender to the touch. The gastroentrologist said not to worry about it unless it gets bigger or starts hurting. He said at that point, I should speak with my primary care provider and a surgion. Well, with it hurting, I think I should have the mesh surgery. I thought the gastroentrologist was supposed to cover this type of procedure. What type of Dr should I speak with in order to schedule this type of surgery? Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM

You have a Umblical Hernia initially they are reducible and correctable by surgery and for this you must see a general Surgeon,If good muscle strength is there this can be repaired or if required a mesh may be used.
One should avoid constipation by taking good amount of water and fibre soluble and insoluble fibre in diet.
If acidity problem along with reflux acid suppressing drugs and prokinetic drugs like Omeperazole and domperidone or Itopride may be of great help in consultation of your gastroenterologist.
Good Luck
Answered: Sun, 16 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor