Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have PCOD. Taking glycomate. Had tubectomy after childbirth. Want to regularize periods. Prescribed with registere and ovacare. Drug action?

HELLO DOCTOR, my name is sravya,am 25 years old n having 2kids.I got tubectamy operation after my second kid got delivered.I have PCOD problem from past so i was used some glycomate tbs.Now i stopped breast feeding and want to have regular periods.i went to gyn she suggested me REGISTERE(3days) and OVACARE(30 days).please elaborate the info about tablets thanks...............
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi Ms. Sravya,
The fact that you have had two successful pregnancies indicate that your PCOD is minimal and responds very well to treatment. Since you have been feeding the baby until recently and also since you have had a tubectomy, you may expect irregular periods for sometime. Your doctor has prescribed you the hormone progesterone to induce a period and after you have attained the period, Ovacare should be used. This is an anti-oxidant and does not contain any hormone. Periods get regularized in due time. Please maintain a healthy diet, regular exercise and a healthy weight. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 21 Apr 2015
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor