Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Harmonal imbalance problem. What is the procedure of follicular study? What is pcod and when should i have intercourse?

hi this is sridevi i have harmonal imbalance problem my doctor said me to take yamini for two months after that again my lh and fhs harmones had an imbalance then my doctor said me to take yamini for one more month and ovaa shield ds for next month and she said me to take a follicular study on 8th day of periods now the result in my first follicular study is endometriumu in right ovary 6mm is this any problem and what is the proceedure of follicular study what is pcod and when should i have intercourse
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
PCOD is the commonest cause of hormonal imbalance observed among women in the reproductive age group. The condition is characterized by the presence of multiple immature follicles in the ovaries, absent or scanty ovulation, irregular periods, insulin resistance in some cases, obesity, infertility, hirsutism and associated hormonal imbalances like hyperprolactinemia and altered thyroid profile. This is a treatable condition once the evaluation is done and treatment modality is ensued. Follicular study is the process of the study of the development of the follicle and rupture by serial sonograms. Intercourse should be timed around the time of ovulation or follicle rupture. Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor