Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected intercourse, belly and head hurts. Can use home pregnancy test to conform pregnancy?

hi, i had sex 17 days ago without protection the day after my period , i m scared to be pregnant , i ve been feeling my belly hurts like the days before my period but someone told me it could be because of my nerves because i m scared, my head hurts too, i bought a home test by urine in the pharmacy, can i use it now and be sure the result is right?
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.

Please do not feel stressed. The chances of pregnancy are very very low just one day after the period. So you are most likely not pregnant.

The earliest you will get a positive test for pregnancy is 2 weeks after conception by a blood test and 3 weeks later by a urine test. So it is early for the urine test to come positive. Wait for 5-7 days and then take a urine test with the first morning urine sample for best results. It will most likely be negative as chances of pregnancy after single sexual encounter on just a day after periods are very very low.
So do not worry. Your symptoms are all due to stress.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Fri, 28 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor