Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Had surgery for lung collapse. Suffer from bloating, sore mouth, rashes on the chest, weight loss. Treated for H pylori. Concerned

hello im a 26 year old female, my left lung collapsed twice, once in 2010 and once in 2011, i had surgery after to prevent this from happening again. REcently ive been suffering terrible bloating, an extremely sore blistered mouth, rash on my chest, feeling as though im having an alergic reaction to everything and a tight chest. My gp has treated me for H.polori but symptoms disappeared for a week then came back. He then gave me more gastric reflux meds but again symptoms went away for a while and are now back. Its the pains across my shoulders and tight chest im most concerned about as i fear my lung is going to collaps again. This has been going on for 6 months ive lost weight and am now in a desperate state... any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
You do seem to have GERD and excessive gas formation in the lung for which you should follow your doctor`s advice. Regarding recurrence of collapse of lung, i suggest you should get a CT Chest done to rule out emphysema/bullous disease of the lungs. Consult a pulmonologist for correct advice and if you are a smoker, pl stop smoking straight away.
Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor