Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Had sex, had bleeding, discharge of old blood. Have regular period. What is wrong?

8 days ago I had sex and bled during it. I have continued to bleed until now. For the first 4 days or so it was bright red and now it is darker. Also for the past 5 months I have had an unusual discharge that is like old blood, but it is most days throughout my cycle, not at one particular time. Other than that my period is regular. I'm wondering if this is linked....What might the problem be?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Bleeding after intercourse, unusual discharge are not good symptoms.
Consult your gynecologist get local examination & pap smear test done to rule out cervical carcinoma.
I hope your query has been answered.
I will be available for your further queries.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Lohit K's  Response
Thanks for using HCM
As you have bleeding during intercourse you need to get PAP smear done and complete examination of pelvis by your gynecologist to rule out any cervical problems.
Need to get USG abdomen done to check for your endometrial thickness, you may need D&C to rule out endometrial problem.

Have a good health

Dr. Vidya
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor