Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Had lower back surgery. Have herniated disks in neck pushiing the spinal cord. Looking for pain management. Suggestions?

I am looking for a pain management doctor. My pcp doesn t take my insurance anymore and need to be in pain management. I was in a car accident 25 years ago and have permant damage from it. I just had back surgery on my lower back and need another surgery. I have two herniated discs in my neck both pushing on nerves and my spinal cord . The doctor that did the sugery has referred me to pain management and I cannot find one that takes my insurance (Anthem HealthKeepers Plus). The nurses tried really hard to find a pain management doctor that takes my insurance but could not find one. I have tried through my insurance to find one but they were unable to find one also. Don t know where to turn.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for writing to Healthcare magic,

I have studied your case,

May be physiotherapist help in your case, as degenerative changes are the leading cause of your pain after accidental injury.
.For prolong use you can take analgesic with anti-inflammatory.
take neurotropics along with it,
Do physiotherapy and hot fomentation. .

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care
Answered: Thu, 25 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor