Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Had C-section. Have bicornate uterus. Why is my period twice a month?

Hi doc, I am 34years also;have a child of 6yrs. First delivery was serrorian. But from the last 1yr I am trying for the second issue but till now no positive period cycle is irregular..I have bicornate uterus . May be because of that I was having monthly 2times period, approximately at a interval of 2week. So my gyno doctor prescribed me Novelon tablet.for every month 21 days. This medicine I continue for a period of 1 and half years or little more. But presently from last 1 yr I stopped the medicin as I am want to hav second issue. Now the irregular cycle is under control. Now I don t gets the cycle at a interval of 14days..I consulted my doctor few months before he prescribed me Gestin tablet times a I am really concern will that really help more IMO thing I like to bring in your notice that I missed my cycle last s almost 45days.but I have checked at home with the kit yesterday itself but the result is what steps can I opt. Can I start the gestin tab from now...
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
hello and welcome,

I understand your issue. You have a bicornuate uterus but had a successful pregnancy earlier.

Bicornuate uterus does not cause frequent periods. Hormonal imbalances lead to irregularities in periods.

As of now, if you have a missed period and also a negative test, then take gestin for 5 days. periods will come after stopping gestin in the next 7 days. After that get an ovulation study done to see of follicles are developing and the female egg is being produced and released. If this is happening, then try to keep sexual contact during the ovulation days [ usually around day 12-20 in a regular cycle] for best chances of pregnancy. Also start folic acid tablets to prevent brain defects in baby.

If the periods continue to be delayed, see an infertility specialist and get tested for hormonal imbalances or ovarian cysts. Then further management will depend upon cause.

So please do not worry. If you had a baby earlier the chances of getting pregnant the second time are very high. Best of luck.
Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Fri, 11 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor