Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Fractured radius and ulna. How long will it take to recover?

hello doctor ! my right hand is fractured ! the bones radius and ulna are broken from middle ! the doctors are trying to recover it without operation ! jst please tell me how much time will it take to recover! ? and after recover the hand will be as like as before or it will be jst weak..? can i fight can i do weight lifting etc after recover without operation?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Recovery and after effects of reduction of fracture of radius and ulna depends upon whether there is linear fracture, displaced or undisplayed.
After reduction of fracture if there is good alinement then there wont be any problem in future lifting weight, movements etc.
After removal of plaster you should go for physiotherapy to bring normal movements at wrist and elbow.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Mon, 25 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor