Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Forced bowel movement. Pain in anus. Is there anything wrong with me?

Last Friday I was drinking. I came home late and I made a bowel movement , kind of forced. Like I had to go but wasn t ready yet. I woke up the next day with my anus in pain and now it s Monday and it still hurts. Could it be because I forced it or could there be something else wrong? And when can I expect the pain to go away?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Pain in the anus is often caused by anal fissure. This is a break of anus mucosa in your case caused by putting pressure on your anus when tighten anal sphincter. Anal fissure is often caused by constipations. If there is some fresh(bright red) blood in your stool, this is what you are suffering from. The pain may last from few days to couple a weeks. However sometimes anal fissures may become chronic.
What you should do, is to avoid constipations(eat food rich in fibers, drinking enough water, and do more exercises) and hard pushing on stool, have some hot baths of this area and your mucosa wound should be self-healed. Sometimes nitroglycerin salve might be necessary or calcium channel blockers intake.
In chronic anal fissure surgery might be necessary.
Hope this will help
Take care
Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Sekar's  Response
When stools are hard, forcing it may cause mild mucous tear around anus.
This pain will be there for 3-4 days until mucus tear is healed.
So during that period to help heal, the diet should contain plenty of fibers, take whole grains, cereals fruits and vegetables.
Try to avoid oily and greasy food.
Drink plenty of water.
you can also have bisacodyl to relive from constipation,
If you have pain persisting, it is better to consult a surgeon for examination.
Hope I explained your concern.
Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor