What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
Most common reason is inadequate water intake
Thanks for your query.
The scan is normal. I have also reviewed the prescription. I could not understand the first medicine but it seems to be some probiotic. Second medicine is looz (lactulose). It is a good laxative and can be given on prolonged basis in children without having much side effects. Third medicine is an antibiotic and fourth medicine is anti-parasitic. These two antibiotics can be discontinued after completing the course.
The most common reason of constipation is inadequate water intake. Another complicating factor is anal fissure (cut in anus) in your child's case. She holds back the stools and pass it after given the suppository. Suppository can be given sooner maybe every 2 days to avoid hard stools and fissures. Once her fissure is healed she may develop a natural habit to pass it daily. Give her appropriate time for potty daily morning right after getting up from bed. That is the best time when intestine is most stimulated to pass motions.
This is a viscious cycle. One thing leads to other.
Most important is to give her water as much as possible. Juices and milk are also good natural laxatives. Apply vaseline on anal area regularly. This will avoid developing fissure and also reflexly stimulate for motion. "ILU" massage will also help pass motions.
Lifestyle has to be applied, otherwise she may develop constipation as a habit.
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- Explain the ultrasound scan report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound scan of my thyroid indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What is cga in ultrasound scan ?
- Ultrasound scan done what does the reports suggests
- Pelvic ultrasound scan done what does the report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Had ultrasound scan what are the findings from the report