What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My daughter is 3 years 8 months old. She doesn't pass motion regularly for last 7 months . We have been visiting doctors but situation is not improving. After 4-5 days also we need to give repository for forcing the motion. She eats a lot of fibrous fruits and vegetables. We are also giving Ghee, prunes etc.Once anamia was also done, she gets cut in the anal area. now she is very scared to go to the toilet after 4 days also. She is regularly taking Loose or laxofeg FC. We have also done her ultrasound. Please refer to the prescription and report and suggest.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most common reason is inadequate water intake

Detailed Answer:
Hi

The scan is normal. I have also reviewed the prescription. I could not understand the first medicine but it seems to be some probiotic. Second medicine is looz (lactulose). It is a good laxative and can be given on prolonged basis in children without having much side effects. Third medicine is an antibiotic and fourth medicine is anti-parasitic. These two antibiotics can be discontinued after completing the course.

The most common reason of constipation is inadequate water intake. Another complicating factor is anal fissure (cut in anus) in your child's case. She holds back the stools and pass it after given the suppository. Suppository can be given sooner maybe every 2 days to avoid hard stools and fissures. Once her fissure is healed she may develop a natural habit to pass it daily. Give her appropriate time for potty daily morning right after getting up from bed. That is the best time when intestine is most stimulated to pass motions.
This is a viscious cycle. One thing leads to other.
Most important is to give her water as much as possible. Juices and milk are also good natural laxatives. Apply vaseline on anal area regularly. This will avoid developing fissure and also reflexly stimulate for motion. "ILU" massage will also help pass motions.

Lifestyle has to be applied, otherwise she may develop constipation as a habit.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee